accueil, bienvenido, Céad míle fáilte, خوش آمد, добро пожаловать, bem-vindo
欢迎, خوش آمدی, välkommen, kuwakaribisha, hwan-yeong, 환영, benvenuto
Welcome to the Website of the World Affairs Council of the Quad Cities.
- To foster global education and international understanding within the Quad Cities and beyond.
- To further the citizens' understanding of the geo-political and economic interdependence of our world thereby promoting world peace.
- To provide local business and industry the needed information to forge ties with their counterparts in the world.
- To provide students of all ages the opportunity to learn about other nations of the world and develop respect for all peoples.
- To create opportunities to experience and appreciate diverse cultures and customs of the world.
Please join us on September 23, 2014 - Tuesday 7:00-8:45 PM for Dr. Mariano Magalhaes' lecture on
Brazil and the effects of the World Cup on economy, infrastructure, and politics
This lecture will be held at the Bettendorf Library, 2950 Learning Campus Dr. Bettendorf, IA
The World Affairs Council of the Quad Cities was recently the subject of an article in the Quad City Times.
Click here to find out more!
The World Affairs Council is seeking Board Members who have an interest in global current affairs. We are in the process of launching essay scholarships at both the high school and university level that will highlight a current global issue. If you are interested in applying for a position on the Board to assist in establishing the scholarship please feel free to contact us at email@example.com