About World Affairs Council of the Quad Cities
The World Affairs Council of the Quad Cities is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization committed to educating and engaging the Quad Cities in global affairs by promoting the exchange of ideas and experiences through high-quality programs that are inclusive and open to everyone.
In a world where we are only an airplane-ride away from a war zone or tropical paradise, connecting globally on the local level is imperative. The World Affairs Council of the Quad Cities is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to foster global education and international understanding within the Quad Cities and beyond. The organization is affiliated with the World Affairs Council of America and was established in 1969. In order to achieve our mission, we host a program on the fourth Tuesday of every month from September through May.
The World Affairs Council of the Quad Cities is dedicated to promoting awareness and interest in world affairs by sponsoring conferences and/or organizing other programs. The Council’s program activities are designed:
- To foster global education and international understanding within the Quad Cities and beyond.
- To further the citizens' understanding of the geo-political and economic interdependence of our world thereby promoting world peace.
- To provide local business and industry the needed information to forge ties with their counterparts in the world.
- To provide students of all ages the opportunity to learn about other nations of the world and develop respect for all peoples.
- To create opportunities to experience and appreciate diverse cultures and customs of the world.